Friday, October 31, 2008

Ukies--49. A Final Time...The End

A final time


On a nice summer’s day I was heading up to meet Octavia, a Spanish girl and my somewhat-new girlfriend, who was taking courses at Baruch College on 23rd Street and Lexington Avenue. It still being early I decided to walk by the river. It was nice how things had changed, people’s dress had turned over to a more freer and looser look then it used to be; the girl’s weren’t so tightly-dressed with straps and garters and who the hell knew what else…


On 10th Street, where the children's playground was, I saw a short skirted chick sitting there with a baby carriage before her. A kid was crouched in front of her in the sand as an older kid played with a fire truck next to them.


I could see at my vantage point how short her skirt was barely thigh high, and I was sure if I was seeing it from the front I’d glimpse her panty, if she was wearing any. I adored the short skirted fashions nowadays, re-woke the thrill of being young and alive, something the old weren’t doing.


I walked on, smiling to myself, thinking I’d turn around and see some pretty erotic sight as I passed her by…Oh, my God, it was Olena, wow! Olena! from school whom I haven’t seen her in a number of years.


Wow! She was still smoking a cigarette and looking bored at the kids around her. A puff of smoke came from her lips and she faintly recognized me…and her eyes were calling my name…if she remembered it. For a moment I wanted to rush to her, ask her how she has been after all the years between us but I just shrugged, shook my head, turned around and kept walking to meet Octavia…


Ukrainian school was definitely over….Thank God! And hurried off to meet my Spanish Octavia…


The End

No comments: