Thursday, October 16, 2008

Ukies--45. Changes (2)


Changes-2


On the day I was supposed to meet Olena at her new meeting place along the river I did not show up. I was on upper Broadway, in Times Square, where I spent my time in the penny arcades and peep show emporiums, trying to shoot various guns and gazing at weaving strippers in the grainy films of very old peep shows at five cents a shot. But the strippers never took off that one piece of material I was longing to have removed and the machine set itself off, flashing a card that read, Drop Another Dime In, Buddy! (even thought it cost a nickle). Which I did, and got only a repeat of the doggerel short tease that went nowhere.


Back in school on Monday, a glaring Olena was very distant and uncommunicative, wouldn’t even look at me.


Big deal, I thought. Screw the bitch!


But after school she stormed her way to 2nd Avenue, and I was right behind as I raced to catch her. I did but she glared at me.


“I was right there at 2 o’clock,” she fumed. “At 2:30 I said fuck him!” She was steaming.

“You lost it, buddy! Now beat it!”


The light changed and she stormed over to the other side of 2nd Avenue. I watched her as she pounced down 7th Street. I shrugged, there were but two days left in that school anyway…


“Oh, screw this shit!” I said aloud then turned and went home…At least the memory of old time peep shows in Times Square still lingered…I couldn’t wait to get home and jerk off…make up my own peep shows in my head…or imagine the real Times Square…Oh, screw Olena!

###

No comments: