Monday, July 28, 2008

Ukies--4. Bitch, Vasyl and Vira

Bitch

I must have had sex with Olena countless times…in movie theaters, in dark hallways, on rooftops…but that was in my head since I was always alone, always whacking off, always hating myself after. But did Olena know what I was doing? Of course not, I was just a 15 years old kid who had the hots for her and she didn’t care that I was alive and hardly ever looked my way.

One Saturday afternoon as I was going to the soda shop where we all hung out I saw Olena coming up the street. I was sure my cock was limp, since I just jerked off a few times and it was peaceful and composed. She saw me walking with a cigarette in my mouth and walked towards me.

“Gimme one,” she said. I didn’t look twice just reached in my shirt pocket for my pack of cigarettes. She breathed in the puff of smoke and breathed it out. “Ahh, better,” she looked at me then asked, “Where you going?”

“Docs,” I answered, thinking that I had never seen her in the soda shop. “You ever go there?”

She snorted and shook her head. “No way! That’s for kids,” and she looked at me and I knew she was looking at a kid. She turned and said, “Thanks for the cigarette,” she took another puff. “Oh yeah, have fun with your…little kiddie friends.” And she laughed as she went on down the street.

Bitch, I thought. Fucking bitch! And circled around and went back to my building. A rooftop is better than a kiddie soda shop, I thought, more adult for what I wanted to do…. Bitch! Damn bitch! I jerked off twice….

###



Vasyl and Vira

In the 6th grade Vasyl sat next to Vira and he snuck looks at her exam papers and the teacher saw him cheating, so she made him take the exam over and surprisingly he passed -- but by a thin margin. She had her eyes on him.

In the 7th grade Vasyl and Vira danced at the teen hop and the teachers thought he pressed himself too tightly that they had to break them apart -- still Vira was all flustered by the closeness.

In the 8th grade Vasyl and Vira ran away from home and went to New Jersey, where Vira said she knew a couple that would put them up. Well, she knew them but they didn’t want to put anyone up since they were at odds themselves. So they came back home after staying a week on the streets, all dirty and tired that they could use another week to recuperate from being away but their parents dragged them off to school.

Vasyl’s parents blamed Vira for corrupting him. “Our boy’s a good boy,” they told the nun’s. “She’s the whore slut!”

To which Vira’s mother answered, “How dare you call my baby girl a whore slut?”

On and on in went, in Ukrainian, in Polish, in German, even in a little Yiddish that Vira’s mother spat out at Vasyl’s father to which he grew very embarrassed at her use of the Yiddish tongue.

“You forgot, did you?” she raged at Vasyl’s father. “Well, I didn’t!”

He tried to explain to his own wife and the nuns looking at him. “I don’t know what she’s talking about!” and he left and the nuns concluded the important meeting was over…

Vasyl and Vira graduated that year and found other lovers as they grew older…I suppose her mother never did….

###

No comments: