Friday, August 22, 2008

Ukies--25. Learning Fast

Learning Fast

For the third time I had seen Olena and she acted like she didn’t know me. The first few times were puzzling but when I saw her on 11th street in the Village and she didn’t recognize me I let her have it.

“You bitch!” I fumed. “You know damned well who you’re looking at!”

She just shrugged, stared at me, shaking her head and went down 7th avenue. If I had been a few steps after her I’d have caught up to her but the crowd buried her like it was a New Year’s Eve crowd I was in and she drifted out of view.

The next day I saw her on Avenue A. “Bitch!” I said, as she passed.

“Fag!” she causally answered.

I turned red. “Why do you make believe you don’t know me,” I said, “When here, on 7th Street, you do?”

She looked at me and lit a cigarette. “You don’t know that game, buddy,” she said, blowing out smoke from her lips and nostrils. “When you do…well, then you’ll know.” And she winked at me and turned East on 7th street.

I looked after her. “Crazy bitch!” I mumbled and went home to jerk off.

A week or so later I was in Washington Square Park when I saw her. “Damned cunt!” I thought, and ignored her as she passed by.

“Excuse me," I heard her say. "Is this the famous park I’ve heard so much about?” she said, looking around. “I’ve always dreamed of visiting.” We looked at each other, and I realized I was seeing her for the first time.

I already felt my hard-on growing. “You need someone who can show you around, young miss?” I said, and winked at her. I stood up.

She giggled. “You learn fast, don’t you?” she said, holding my arm and pressing herself against me.

I was very happy and we went off into the crowded park…

###

No comments: